Wednesday, October 29, 2014

No One Like You

What a busy month its been. . .

I've been thinking a lot about home. I really miss my friends and just the way it was.
I used to think people would say "there's no one like you" just to say it. To be nice, to be sensitive, to fill in a card, whatever. But then I moved, and I was looking for a person or a group of people to be friends with at school, and I realized that no one really fit my cookie cutter image of an ideal friend. I wanted the casual nerdyness of my last group of friends. I wanted to find people with their drive to do good things without being too pretentious about it. Most of all I just wanted to find people that I could talk to with out feeling too embarrassed.

But then I realized that, especially with my new school being literally a brand new school, most people are concerned with sticking closer to their old friends, or they're not what I'm specifically looking for. I went in feeling like it would be easy to find them (after all I'd done it before right?), but now I'm feeling a little too picky...

But don't worry about me, I've found people I can talk to, and we might not be "bosom friends" or whatever the term is. . . but they're nice to me, and I like hanging out with them :)

I guess the point of this post is to point out just how diverse this world is in terms of people. Literally no one is like another person. But in a way that's good, because there are so many things to learn from different people!

Well, that's about it...

<3 Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment