Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Inspiration

So, as a first, non-introductory post, I feel that I should write WHY I would start a blog. So... Here goes:

I started a blog for quite a few reasons. One would definitely be the 5 snow days in a row that we've had now, especially since they're right after winter break. I have not been to school in almost three weeks, leaving me trapped at home in a circle of boredom. Because of this never ending boredom, I watch a lot of YouTube. YouTube intrigues me, but that is another post for another day. One YouTuber in particular really interests me. ZOELLA. She also has her own blog and I wanted to try one out!

But the most important reason of all must come from one of my bestest of friends, ElinOr Rigby. (That is a nickname and the name of her blog. To check it out go to this link : http://writingmagic26.blogspot.com/). I've read some of her blog posts and I must say they're funny and great! Her blog has inspired me to start my own. I met her four years ago when she moved here to Missouri. She has a version of the day we met in school on her blog. Its of her perspective of that day. It was interesting to see what she thought of our conversations and I want to share my point of view here.

To preface this story, I must inform you all that I used to be very quiet with nearly no friends. Before you go feeling sorry for me, I have to say that it suited me quite well. After all, being the socially awkward person I am, it was easier to just be by my self on the playground/ at school. When I went to middle school, though, I decided I was going to change and actually make friends. Especially my two best friends from elementary school were going to a different middle school than me. In sixth grade I made friends with another of my best friends in class, but in seventh grade, we got put on different teams. I was so sad, because I wouldn't be able to talk to her all day or see her very much. So once again, I had to make new friends. That's when E-Chan (another nickname) comes into the story. We were in PE on one of the first days of school, and we were running out side on the track. I don't remember exactly when/how we started to talk, but according to E-Chan's version of the story, she told me she just needed bigger lungs to run better, and I agreed. I do remember her saying something of the sort, but I don't remember what I had thought of that statement... But anyways, we just started up a conversation. I asked her where she was from. To me she was obviously a new kid because I'd lived here for my ENTIRE LIFE, and knew pretty much who everyone was. So, back to the point, she told me she had come from NY and explained her situation. Her dad was here with her, but her mom was still in NY doing something important. So, again, being the awkward person I am, I asked "Do you miss your mom?" As soon as this left my mouth I thought Oh no... what an insensitive thing to say!! So to make up for this blunder, I immediately told her a story of when my mom had went to Taiwan when I was in 5th grade, and how I had missed my mother. I had hoped that by doing this she wouldn't find it embarrassing to answer my question... I thought that I may have overdone it though considering I had been the only one talking for a good 10 minutes. Inside my head was a flurry of thoughts wondering if I had just messed up my chance to find a friend for the rest of the year... But to my surprise, she answered with "Yeah, I do miss her" I was so RELIEVED!! In the years to come, I found that E-Chan was quite an interesting person. Smart, fun, and inspiring. She was and is someone I want to be more like. I had never had a friend that I could constantly talk to everyday. And now, I've been friends with her for 4 years. I know now that we'll be friends for ever!

So if you have survived this massive blogpost, I congratulate you on your success. I just had to tell this story because it is important to me. That day in PE literally changed my life, and I didn't even know it. I want to say a massive thank you to E-Chan for all the things she's done for me :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh. . . (sniff sniff) Thank you so much!! I'm so touched! <3 For the record, SunDuckling is pretty incredible, too! She is HILARIOUS, and isn't afraid to be herself and express her ideas, which I LOVE. : ) Plus, her freedom and creativity is always something I'll be striving after, as well!

    Hopefully, we'll be the type of friends who randomly show up in each other's dorm rooms with a box of cookies (hugs and smiles included) because we happened to sense, hundreds of miles away, that our best buddy was having a bad week. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I now have a new years resolution to live up to! I now need to express my ideas fearlessly! :P I didn't think I was like that. You are a wonderful friend :D
      XOXO

      Delete